Monday, September 27, 2010

Bernat Mystery Afghan Crochet-Along


In order to learn crocheting, I am doing the Bernat Mystery Afghan Crochet-Along (http://blog.bernat.com/2010/09/22/mystery-afghan-crochet-along-clue-1/). Here is the tons of yarn the afghan will use.

Taking the gauge was interesting! When I made the square to measure the gauge, I got exact measurements - 4" x 4" with the J hook that was recommended. But, when I started making the actual square, it would come out to 9 or 9.5". I had to undo it 2-3 times, but it would overshoot the 8" size of the actual afghan square. Then I used the next smaller crochet size. Now, the square measured 7.5" instead of 8". It took me 3-4 times unraveling the square I made with the smaller hook to get to 8" size. I am in the middle of finishing the square for week 1's clue. I will post the picture as soon as I am done! In the mean time, happy crocheting.

No comments:

Post a Comment